St. John’s Altar Society feel that it is a privilege to participate in the duties of altar care. We do our work with reverence because we prepare for the sacred moment when the bread and wine are consecrated in to the body and blood of Jesus.
Duties and Mission:
· Maintain and furnish linens and other altar needs
· Clean the holy water fonts and polish candle holders, etc.
· Clean and/or repair altar linens and priests’ vestments.
· Inspect altar server albs for mending and take them to laundry as needed
· Promote spiritual development, unity and fellowship among the women of the parish.
Any female over 18 years of age, single or married, within St. John’s parish is eligible for membership. There are no dues.
We meet on the first Thursday of the month at 9:30am during the months of September through May. Refreshments are served to enjoy fellowship.
For information, please call the Parish Office to be directed to a contact person.
We welcome you to join us. Together, we can show the deep love that we have of Jesus by participating in this wonderful service to Him.